威望
2 点
EZ币
10 个
体能
0 点
发表于 2010-10-27 10:29:58 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1872,cheap ghd straighteners
, x3 Z2 N" h1 z/ I  N FAIRY TALES OF HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN. Q) \7 z- m7 M! {& _8 e2 z
THE ICE MAIDEN
( a5 Q6 z' d1 N# z, y% ^0 w1 V   by Hans Christian Andersen. V# x% m  X2 i/ U: I6 t  h, y
I. LITTLE RUDY
: I; [! Z7 a$ uWE will pay a visit to Switzerland, and wander through thatcountry of mountains, whose steep and$ E6 C9 ^' z" c* X# [
rocky sides are overgrown withforest trees. Let us climb to the dazzling snow-fields at% Y. z5 M5 M$ m
theirsummits, and descend again to the green meadows beneath, through whichrivers and brooks rush4 x0 p+ ^% m0 y9 i- s/ n8 }& z
along as if they could not quickly enough reachthe sea and vanish. Fiercely shines the sun over
& J0 R+ ?- S  C% u7 [8 vthose deep valleys,as well as upon the heavy masses of snow which lie on the mountains.; B/ i& l. P- A1 C3 \
During the year these accumulations thaw or fall in the rollingavalance, or are piled up in shining
" u9 |0 {# L' y: T6 hglaciers. Two of these glacierslie in the broad, rocky cliffs, between the Schreckhorn and, H* l0 g. [1 z; B' e! Z# N
theWetterhorn, near the little town of Grindelwald. They are wonderful tobehold, and therefore in
& p, c8 q( K- [: C& g+ Sthe summer time strangers come here fromall parts of the world to see them. They cross snow-covered( V2 p! d/ f( N/ y" X+ o
mountains,cheap jordan shoes,and travel through the deep valleys, or ascend for hours, higher andstill higher, the% P0 x+ V8 E- _* \2 G1 l; e- q
valleys appearing to sink lower and lower as theyproceed, and become as small as if seen from an air$ _/ m+ e& N- T. P8 j7 n
balloon. Overthe lofty summits of these mountains the clouds often hang like a darkveil; while+ D- E- e6 c/ P) Z, I. ]
beneath in the valley, where many brown, wooden houses arescattered about, the bright rays of the
9 F5 o! I. H' R/ P3 q, Msun may be shining upon alittle brilliant patch of green, making it appear almosttransparent. The
7 `1 C$ U( R# H( f/ g/ {8 Wwaters foam and dash along in the valleys beneath;the streams from above trickle and murmur as they- O3 w1 }0 I* ]* V& i) a: l
fall down therocky mountain's side, looking like glittering silver bands.; V7 L5 N0 z( w- L8 |* d& v
On both sides of the mountain-path stand these little woodenhouses; and, as within, there are many
- x6 n' j; |4 {$ Bchildren and many mouths tofeed, each house has its own little potato garden. These children rushout
% E8 }  V- a9 d. y4 E* N& K6 t! }in swarms, and surround travellers, whether on foot or incarriages. They are all clever at making a* B# O' y$ M, t# p( c3 F
bargain. They offer forsale the sweetest little toy-houses, models of the mountain cottagesin( Y& J( c8 o: m) A; {% N5 j/ z
Switzerland. Whether it be rain or sunshine,ghd hair straightener, these crowds ofchildren are always to be seen with
# s; Z2 Y1 `. }9 t2 Etheir wares.' S( J* s* ]' t  u
About twenty years ago, there might be seen occasionally, standingat a short distance from the other0 |6 e1 K( f% m% q5 z0 b
children, a little boy, who wasalso anxious to sell his curious wares. He had an earnest,expressive8 Y% O$ m3 h. [2 S
countenance, and held the box containing his carved toystightly with both hands, as if unwilling to
/ P) C) w7 V& L. `: {: I7 Tpart with it. Hisearnest look, and being also a very little boy, made him noticed bythe strangers;
1 s# v1 o- p  J* C1 N+ {8 {so that he often sold the most, without knowing why. Anhour's walk farther up the ascent lived his
' S# B) S5 y3 Ygrandfather, who cut andcarved the pretty little toy-houses; and in the old man's room stood alarge9 V4 D# Y( s% f) ~9 ~" ]
press, full of all sorts of carved things- nut-crackers,knives and forks, boxes with beautifully5 h+ G5 @7 L, S1 P- {$ @
carved foliage, leapingchamois. It contained everything that could delight the eyes of achild. But
2 U) s$ b) w, Y- o: m* Ythe boy, who was named Rudy, looked with still greaterpleasure and longing at some old fire-arms4 S9 [1 a3 B- O" Y( m
which hung upon therafters, under the ceiling of the room. His grandfather promised himthat he
: v  r6 ]- t: i. Zshould have them some day, but that he must first grow big andstrong, and learn how to use them.
+ u6 a1 c3 z$ e! nSmall as he was, the goats wereplaced in his care, and a good goat-keeper should also be a
, U* l9 Y7 n& Kgoodclimber, and such Rudy was; he sometimes, indeed, climbed higherthan the goats, for he was fond
. ]$ p' f" E2 D/ Z, a( Yof seeking for birds'-nests at the topof high trees; he was bold and daring, but was seldom seen to/ D5 e9 Z: P  w" S
smile,excepting when he stood by the roaring cataract, or heard thedescending roll of the avalanche.4 k  s) |: J8 d% ?
He never played with the otherchildren, and was not seen with them, unless his grandfather senthim$ g7 o6 U, ?, q# e/ z
down to sell his curious workmanship. Rudy did not much liketrade; he loved to climb the mountains,
& j! n6 B1 l1 O: @or to sit by his grandfatherand listen to his tales of olden times, or of the people in2 |! i  |/ i% a$ S+ P
Meyringen,the place of his birth.8 c: |5 F, s: T0 W, e
"In the early ages of the world," said the old man, "thesepeople could not be found in Switzerland.
2 w- S6 k+ K; r- C9 C& UThey are a colony from thenorth, where their ancestors still dwell, and are called Swedes."
  O' U* q$ b- y- L, cThis was something for Rudy to know, but he learnt more from othersources, particularly from the
" D7 t4 t9 H0 s$ Z. D! {/ rdomestic animals who belonged to thehouse. One was a large dog, called Ajola,cheap nike shoes, which had belonged to
% x0 b: N" G# _8 D$ i: @% yhisfather; and the other was a tom-cat. This cat stood very high inRudy's favor, for he had taught
# G4 q- E$ J7 E" n( k) Z4 Khim to climb.1 A( I; d0 b. `3 R& |( D, p
"Come out on the roof with me," said the cat; and Rudy quiteunderstood him, for the language of6 C/ {+ X: r) n( C- E
fowls, ducks, cats, and dogs, isas easily understood by a young child as his own native tongue. But! j' Y; O3 U: H; _# O  [
itmust be at the age when grandfather's stick becomes a neighinghorse, with head, legs, and tail.
! }( h7 J* C2 D' OSome children retain these ideaslater than others, and they are considered backwards and childishfor
) x0 @; Y" C" R; {/ T8 j4 Qtheir age. People say so; but is it so?" `- ~' E4 [2 }- J0 f! Y
"Come out on the roof with me, little Rudy," was the first thinghe heard the cat say, and Rudy3 E2 e& u4 ~. g0 t% s
understood him. "What people sayabout falling down is all nonsense," continued the cat; "you willnot) |" ]/ ~. ]( d( N& ?: }' i
fall, unless you are afraid. Come, now, set one foot here andanother there, and feel your way with2 K: j! u- X7 _5 m: p! }
your fore-feet. Keep your eyeswide open, and move softly, and if you come to a hole jump over it,and7 j: s1 I# e4 h$ A& y/ N
cling fast as I do." And this was just what Rudy did. He was oftenon the sloping roof with the cat,9 s' |0 M$ P6 e) I* w& A6 c
or on the tops of high trees. But,more frequently, higher still on the ridges of the rocks where
# Z' P. @4 D5 s8 E5 Rpussnever came.9 J$ T3 \) K6 N- U- p% M& N
"Higher, higher!" cried the trees and the bushes, "see to whatheight we have grown, and how fast we
+ N, t, l0 _2 `hold, even to the narrow edgesof the rocks."
  Z. M* E5 \, x$ I& D: I$ KRudy often reached the top of the mountain before the sunrise, andthere inhaled his morning draught
9 m! d! G, R0 S- A  O( iof the fresh, invigoratingmountain air,- God's own gift, which men call the sweet fragrance ofplant
" v7 R+ [$ U# {and herb on the mountain-side, and the mint and wild thyme inthe valleys. The overhanging clouds- H: H+ O+ ~2 U$ p) L2 D+ l9 f& s! O
absorb all heaviness from the air,and the winds convey them away over the pine-tree summits.% j! ~+ l* s. k/ A6 S3 B/ @$ z$ F
Thespirit of fragrance, light and fresh, remained behind, and this wasRudy's morning draught. The0 I4 g1 B' A& O
sunbeams- those blessing-bringingdaughters of the sun- kissed his cheeks. Vertigo might be lurking! Q1 M) [3 [# T& h( m7 f
onthe watch, but he dared not approach him. The swallows, who had notless than seven nests in his/ X' B& b6 N: X9 {7 {
grandfather's house, flew up to him andhis goats, singing, "We and you, you and we." They brought( ~* E" k& Z4 c- F; d
himgreetings from his grandfather's house, even from two hens, the onlybirds of the household; but
# q( @3 x& ^( J$ i9 _Rudy was not intimate with them., u3 b/ Q' X1 e" ^8 l
Although so young and such a little fellow, Rudy had travelled agreat deal. He was born in the- N9 L/ A3 Y  b$ a4 d- T
canton of Valais, and brought to hisgrandfather over the mountains. He had walked to Staubbach- a+ E2 U% S1 j- Z5 ?
littletown that seems to flutter in the air like a silver veil- theglittering, snow-clad mountain, z9 p7 h/ [' O. `/ h8 A  N) w2 ?
Jungfrau. He had also been to the greatglaciers; but this is connected with a sad story, for here$ X; X2 h' V4 U: }0 M: W
hismother met her death, and his grandfather used to say that allRudy's childish merriment was lost, S9 [3 f2 H! A$ x8 X
from that time. His mother hadwritten in a letter, that before he was a year old he had laughed
' N3 B! y- k5 e1 X2 ?# Q$ e4 ^" S- O* Jmorethan he cried; but after his fall into the snow-covered crevasse,his disposition had completely
7 x, j$ k6 O' S2 Jchanged. The grandfather seldom spokeof this, but the fact was generally known. Rudy's father had
2 V" D0 p+ O3 Q5 bbeen apostilion, and the large dog which now lived in his grandfather'scottage had always followed8 Y. a6 D1 L& X% t* G$ o" v% @9 m
him on his journeys over the Simplon tothe lake of Geneva. Rudy's relations, on his father's side," o5 C: Q* W* M& q, {$ F# m) p
lived inthe canton of Valais, in the valley of the Rhone. His uncle was achamois hunter, and a well
/ T/ D5 R% L2 H# X8 m* [-known guide. Rudy was only a year oldwhen his father died, and his mother was anxious to return
* S4 c+ b8 S7 q# J* Rwith herchild to her own relations, who lived in the Bernese Oberland. Herfather dwelt at a few
7 Q+ q/ ?2 C. f0 a; Y; V! bhours' distance from Grindelwald; he was acarver in wood, and gained so much by it that he had4 s6 M$ X1 A& z  x
plenty to liveupon. She set out homewards in the month of June, carrying herinfant in her arms, and,
8 Y2 @7 B( P2 @  I3 B8 T1 I* B  ^accompanied by two chamois hunters, crossedthe Gemmi on her way to Grindelwald. They had already6 W# I" i" H* m7 H/ P9 p
left more thanhalf the journey behind them. They had crossed high ridges, andtraversed snow-fields;! O8 G6 j% n# [; Y
they could even see her native valley, with itsfamiliar wooden cottages. They had only one more: U0 U$ P4 ^+ m6 Q& `
glacier to climb.Some newly fallen snow concealed a cleft which, though it did notextend to the
) U) N3 H4 O* Z' S+ z9 ofoaming waters in the depths beneath, was still muchdeeper than the height of a man. The young
0 m, {! c  J0 z( a/ T7 Swoman, with the child inher arms, slipped upon it, sank in, and disappeared. Not a shriek, nota
8 b4 P% A" g- R1 Agroan was heard; nothing but the whining of a little child. Morethan an hour elapsed before her two
, H3 ~  d  y) `companions could obtain from thenearest house ropes and poles to assist in raising them; and it$ U' X! }5 s# ~5 k
waswith much exertion that they at last succeeded in raising from thecrevasse what appeared to be
% u& d" V$ X  L! U: d  N2 @two dead bodies. Every means was usedto restore them to life. With the child they were successful," P1 f' n9 v# t" X9 M7 ^( |
butnot with the mother; so the old grandfather received his daughter'slittle son into his house an# q4 H. s  `( h: m2 o
orphan,- a little boy who laughed morethan he cried; but it seemed as if laughter had left him in
9 }: Q4 g$ v% gthe coldice-world into which he had fallen, where, as the Swiss peasantssay, the souls of the lost
+ t  M: c+ h" K  |! A8 O2 gare confined till the judgment-day.
+ Z: |2 K# ^) uThe glaciers appear as if a rushing stream had been frozen inits course, and pressed into blocks of
/ ]9 l3 E  V) F9 bgreen crystal, which,balanced one upon another, form a wondrous palace of crystal for theIce Maiden-
  F% ~; m; X. J4 O+ C7 |: Rthe queen of the glaciers. It is she whose mighty powercan crush the traveller to death, and arrest& H5 y8 q7 I2 d: R( v
the flowing river inits course. She is also a child of the air, and with the swiftnessof the chamois
5 a2 g4 S! Q" K: ]6 H) y$ cshe can reach the snow-covered mountain tops, where theboldest mountaineer has to cut footsteps in( i7 l6 ^+ s, g% }; M$ x" i1 K; U
the ice to ascend. Shewill sail on a frail pine-twig over the raging torrents beneath, andspring6 N  r5 j" U: w9 h; \$ `
lightly from one iceberg to another, with her long,snow-white hair flowing around her, and her dark- S* F, s% M' ]1 z1 z
-green robe glitteringlike the waters of the deep Swiss lakes. "Mine is the power to seizeand1 m( ^* W3 o7 @) s/ n- O
crush," she cried. "Once a beautiful boy was stolen from me byman,- a boy whom I had kissed, but had- U5 i# r  \# W7 h3 |0 K) U* m
not kissed to death. He isagain among mankind, and tends the goats on the mountains. He isalways( |- r8 Q, q6 N
climbing higher and higher, far away from all others, but notfrom me. He is mine; I will send for% W$ s. P8 v6 S
him." And she gave Vertigo thecommission.3 C6 a9 u& R4 w% o3 G
It was summer, and the Ice Maiden was melting amidst the greenverdure, when Vertigo swung himself up
. Z/ |( O" G: z- H# _) |3 Cand down. Vertigo has manybrothers, quite a troop of them, and the Ice Maiden chose thestrongest7 o% i: n" R# D! o5 L% j9 i
among them. They exercise their power in different ways, andeverywhere. Some sit on the banisters of
0 u6 ~/ t/ K0 w/ M& Y6 |steep stairs, others on theouter rails of lofty towers, or spring like squirrels along the ridgesof0 D. F9 l2 `1 N  y: I! R
the mountains. Others tread the air as a swimmer treads thewater, and lure their victims here and
! U$ B* C# N; i/ ?' J! ?) _there till they fall into thedeep abyss. Vertigo and the Ice Maiden clutch at human beings, asthe
) S0 a. p, E6 D2 wpolypus seizes upon all that comes within its reach. And nowVertigo was to seize Rudy.* {- I% \. A9 k) z* _8 t
"Seize him, indeed," cried Vertigo; "I cannot do it. Thatmonster of a cat has taught him her tricks.
& G2 B* b2 K0 YThat child of the humanrace has a power within him which keeps me at a distance; I cannotpossibly- Z' i4 o/ x) k. E8 B7 G) Q8 H4 e% R
reach the boy when he hangs from the branches of trees,over the precipice; or I would gladly tickle
2 c2 s3 {1 W% ?+ Yhis feet, and send himheels over head through the air; but I cannot accomplish it."
. `6 }: e1 N9 F8 y3 |"We must accomplish it," said the Ice Maiden; "either you or Imust; and I will- I will!"
* g$ t. N# p3 k$ h; u6 C1 z- Z"No, no!" sounded through the air, like an echo on the mountainchurch bells chime. It was an answer, P& ]' A4 [( I# Z
in song, in the melting tonesof a chorus from others of nature's spirits- good and lovingspirits,& ^. S( [7 q% t# r8 E& d7 B9 j# A$ j
the daughters of the sunbeam. They who place themselves ina circle every evening on the mountain
: s% Q$ n' U1 o+ Epeaks; there they spread outtheir rose-colored wings, which, as the sun sinks, become more6 L* v  ~6 G; M' R
flamingred, until the lofty Alps seem to burn with fire. Men call this theAlpine glow. After the sun
7 _$ {' A& d4 M8 whas set,ghd straighteners sale, they disappear within the whitesnow on the mountain-tops, and slumber there till sunrise,
8 g+ p. C3 j* V3 A, v) Cwhen theyagain come forth. They have great love for flowers, for butterflies,and for mankind; and; n' d8 t) C1 \- B% _) N
from among the latter they had chosen littleRudy. "You shall not catch him; you shall not seize4 E: w* o) B' D5 g) Q+ ^) f
him!" they sang.
6 k0 v' h8 s6 U9 i0 \"Greater and stronger than he have I seized!" said the Ice Maiden.
) F2 ^; h2 C$ {( A; C1 dThen the daughters of the sun sang a song of the traveller,whose cloak had been carried away by the$ j; L8 D5 ], w& s
wind. "The wind took thecovering, but not the man; it could even seize upon him, but nothold him
5 M7 R1 n$ R' jfast. The children of strength are more powerful, moreethereal, even than we are. They can rise& U1 P: w5 t! C1 {
higher than our parent,the sun. They have the magic words that rule the wind and the waves,and
# B+ R+ t0 q6 z* }6 U% Q5 vcompel them to serve and obey; and they can, at last, cast off theheavy, oppressive weight of
, X8 E$ ~: P! \1 h4 J4 ?mortality, and soar upwards." Thus sweetlysounded the bell-like tones of the chorus.* m: ^/ X2 X: d- o" @
And each morning the sun's rays shone through the one littlewindow of the grandfather's house upon
. ~7 B, p$ |& @; [the quiet child. Thedaughters of the sunbeam kissed him; they wished to thaw, and melt,and
/ r9 n1 g: O  K) [6 R* F$ \1 Sobliterate the ice kiss which the queenly maiden of the glaciershad given him as he lay in the lap5 G; E1 C, S: u# N/ N/ r) l
of his dead mother, in the deepcrevasse of ice from which he had been so wonderfully rescued.
" I7 e, u1 X( n+ [8 u$ j& i 6 u* T9 v) \" H, E; o2 g
相关的主题文章:
! g1 ?" m  q; y% @
1 }3 F5 X' U! _' H  
7 B9 x; I* U" H: U; \2 w( m   THE DARNING-NEEDLE: J4 o. Z1 S' l) m. q% C: P
  . p. P: [* Y# L! I3 Z! m
   A ROSE FROM HOMER'S GRAVE' ?5 x, U$ K" Z  a% [+ o3 n5 b
  8 f4 f# j* _5 n$ t& i) |5 j0 j
   看门人的儿子
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关于我们|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|ENJOYZ ( 闽ICP备14004695号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-6 18:33 , Processed in 0.089225 second(s), 31 queries .